Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2013

Forgive me Lord...



For my sins weave your crown of thorns. 
My impure and unrighteous thoughts
Press their razor sharp edges deep into your brow. 

Forgive me, Lord...


For every "little" lie I utter...
A drop of your most precious blood was shed. 
And where I should stand guilty as charged to make recompense... 
You took my place.

"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21).


Forgive me, Lord...


My hurtful words are like a wrecking ball to glass.
Their shards scourge your holy flesh. 
Every unrighteous, critical, and angry word 
That rolls from my lips...
Is like shrapnel to your body and soul.

 'I' am the cause of all your afflictions.
Every single sin I commit in this body 
is against you Oh, Lord...
And you alone.
Psalm 51:4


"But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5).

Forgive me, Lord...

When my heart judges another
It also condemns you shouting,
"Crucify Him, Crucify Him!"


Forgive me, Lord...


My every selfish motive, 
Is the spit in your face. 
My every covetous thought, 
Sharpens those cruel nails. 

My foolish pride
Disobedience
and unrighteousness 
Hammer the nails into your flesh.


Forgive me, Lord...



With every greedy thought, I entertain...
I cast lots for your robes.



Forgive me, Lord...




For the weight of 'my' sin, you bore
 on the cross at Calvary... 

Oh, the Love...

My soldier, 
My hero, 
My savior... 
My KING!


"For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life"
 (John 3:16).


No comments:

Post a Comment