Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

Contentment


"But Godliness with contentment is great gain." 

(1 Timothy 6:6-8)

The key to contentment is learning to keep your eyes on Christ. Remaining thankful for all He has blessed us with is not only His will, but a practice that will safeguard us from covetousness! 

Christ is the epicenter of "peace". He said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives"(John 14:27). When you allow Satan to take your eyes off the Lord and onto the people and things of this world, you lose the ability to maintain your happiness,  because only Christ can satisfy! Relationships, material things, success, fame, and wealth cannot satisfy. They only leave you thirsty for more

Consider the famous case of the Samaritan woman at the well in John chapter 4. As a shamed woman who had many husbands, she was seeking satisfaction in the human life, ever thirsty for a relationship that would satisfy her. Jesus knew her situation and offered her "Himself" as the living water. It is clear also that once this woman tasted of Jesus (the living water), she became a changed woman! Although her life was full of sin, disappointment and shame, she would leave her water pot and go into the city to declare, "Come see a man who told me all that I have done. Is this not the Christ?" No longer was she a shameful woman hiding from her past, trying to fill her well with worldly things and relationships. She encountered Christ - and He became the real "thirst-quencher", satisfying her deep within.

Satan loves to draw us away from God's grace and peace by distracting us with "things" and "people".  He also loves wasting our precious time by pondering our own needs and desires, when it could be spent advancing the Kingdom of God! If he can get us to take our eyes off Christ, he can sneak behind the wheel and take our mind to a place where it is useless to Christ. 

If you are preoccupied with what you don't have Christ says, "You have not because you ask not" (James 4:2). Stay focused on the giver of life, who can supply ALL your needs (Philippians 4:19)! Seek first the will of our Father, His kingdom, His righteousness, and all things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33). Just make sure to ask with pure motives... for we share a mind and heart with Christ and He can't be fooled!

Christ wants us to be content in whatever state we are in (Philippians 4:11). 



With this being said, I'd like to start by reflecting and thanking God for all the good things He has placed in my life. Number one, will forever be Christ and my salvation through Him.
And number two, my family! God granted me a beautiful day to relax and enjoy His glorious creation! What a great and loving Father I have...



My husband is a blessing! He leaves me little notes around the house to encourage my walk and growth in Christ. 




In return, he gets kisses aaaand... muffins! =)



Also, God always knows how to bring a smile to my face just when I need it most! I am so thankful for my handsome son. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsOaJKO4Me0
"I prayed for this child, the Lord has granted me what I asked of him" (1 Samuel 1:27).

That's all for today! Goodnight everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment