Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Unspoken Plea





Dear friend,

You mentioned that something is missing in your life and that you feel a "void" and long to be whole. I am here to tell you that you are not alone! I believe every person is born with a void in his or her soul/life, and God can only fill it; hence, why it is commonly referred to as the “God-shaped hole." Oftentimes, we attempt to fill that "emptiness" or "void" with relationships, objects, money, sex, entertainment, new experiences, fame, etc. However, while these things may bring ephemeral joy they can never bring true happiness, fulfillment, or peace. In fact, they will only leave us longing for more. Contentment is found only through Christ Jesus by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. "My peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does" (John 14:27).

         God has placed "eternity in man's heart" because He pines to be with us not only now, but forever (Ecclesiastes 3:11). The Bible tells us that God is perfect, holy and just, and that He loves us with an "everlasting love" (Psalm 18:30, Deuteronomy 32:4, Jeremiah 31:3). However, the Bible tells us our sins separate us from God. If you have ever broken at least "one" of the Ten Commandments, you cannot enter into His perfect heaven. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." The good news is that God loves us so much that He made a way for us to be with Him forever! He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to live a perfect and sinless life. Jesus freely laid His life down for us on the cross, bearing "all" our sins, so we can be made right with God. Because of what He did, we are made "perfect" in God's eyes (Hebrews 10:14). You told me to show you "genuine love." Jesus said, "There is 'no greater love' than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends" (John 15:13). He demonstrated His love for you. Moreover, Romans 5:8 say, "God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Love is spelled out in the Bible in God's plan for our salvation. You told me to "show you truth." Jesus stated, "I am the way and 'the truth' and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Through Jesus, we can be forgiven of all our sin. Scripture says, "If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (that is to have eternal life after you die) (Romans 10:9-10).

Friend, I promise I will never judge or condemn you. In John 8, a woman was caught in the act of adultery, and an angry mob of men wanted to stone her for committing that sin. Jesus responded by telling the men that whoever is sinless should throw the first stone! Since we are all guilty of sin, no one could cast a single stone (1 John 1:8). Jesus had exposed their hypocrisy! Instead of casting judgment upon the woman, Jesus saved her life by offering her forgiveness, then told her to leave her life of sin (John 8:11). I am called to be an imitator of Christ, so I will never judge you. I will only tell you the good news that you can be forgiven and be redeemed through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 5:1).


         I promise I will “never give up on you” as we are called to sharpen, edify, and exhort each other (Proverbs 27:17, 1 Thessalonians 5:11). Most importantly, we are called to love one another! Jesus said, “All people will know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another” (John 13:35). It is also one of the most important commandments (John 13:34). However, I need you to remember one thing. Man is fallible, and I may disappoint you at times. However, in Christ, we always have forgiveness! We can only look to Him, who is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment