Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

TIME



“O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you." 
- Psalm 39:4-5

"Walk in wisdom... making the best use of the time." 
- Col. 4:5



So - I keep setting an alarm on the ipad to 'talk to God' every night and I've been about 7% successful in the past few weeks. I find that every time the reminder goes off I am doing something, so I hit ignore. Most of the time I never get around to doing it.

I've been convicted of not giving God enough 'personal' time for awhile now and watching sermons and reading His word doesn't count. For me, I need to be in 'prayer' with Him more and even though I talk with Him throughout the day, it's not enough. Lately, I've been really inspired by Billy Grahams life and passion for Christ and a couple from Faith Assembly who started a ministry in Columbia. (Take a moment to check out their site and please consider donating something... even if it's only $5... I laid in bed last night and as I looked up at the ceiling our central air kicked on. I thought, I have a cooling system that automatically turns on and cools my house if a certain temperature is reached. I AM rich!!! I was reminded of a kitchen that looked like a dungeon in one of the photos on their website and I felt convicted. Those people have nothing. God expects us to share what we have for His Glory. We donated today. I hope you'll do the same.


Home - Stirling Ministries

View on stmin.org

Getting back to being inspired by these true followers of Christ... Do you know what it takes... what kind of 'love' for Christ and others you must have to devote your WHOLE day to HIS cause??? I look at Billy G. and he went on crusade after crusade... all his time and energy... all for Christ - not himself! It just inspires me so much to want to do more for Him.

Sooo - I printed out this sign and I am going to hang it on my kitchen cabinet so I do not waste anymore time (that's what the clock is for in the printout below). Ryan recently moved our clock into the bedroom and for the first few nights all I could hear was tick-tock, tick-tock. I thought, "Every second that passes I could never get back. Am I really using all my time to the best of my ability?" Time is so valuable and I want to stop wasting it. Every second that passes is one more second closer to Christ's return. This puts the focus on all the unsaved people (that's what the other picture represents). I need to put God's will before everything. So many things consume my time... but He should get the most of it.

Well, just thought I'd briefly share what was on my mind ;o) Hope it makes sense. I am a huuuge procrastinator... so please pray for me that I use my time wisely and also... that everything I have... money, time, talent, etc. is used for the Lord.

Here is my pic that I'll be hanging, lol...


No comments:

Post a Comment